Job Description: Head of Translational Research
Boston, MA, US
Versanis Bio has an exciting opportunity for an outstanding translational scientist with experience in basic and clinical research in the field of metabolic diseases. The Head of Translational Research will report to our Chief Scientific Officer.
In this role, you will:
- Design, implement and supervise research activities from target validation through IND-enabling work to advance our pipeline in the cardiometabolic disease area
- Lead efforts to develop and implement strategies for biomarker testing
- Collaborate closely with the clinical team on research activities to support indication expansion, patient stratification, combination therapy, mechanism of action studies, and drug candidate differentiation
- Identify pharmacodynamic assays for use in the pre-clinical and clinical setting to help define PK/PD/efficacy relationships
- Lead primary analyses of pre-clinical and clinical exploratory translational studies
- Author and review the basic research and translational sections of regulatory documents as well as scientific/clinical publications, and represent Versanis Bio at scientific meetings
- Manage relationships and scientific studies with various CRO’s around the world, be the Versanis Bio point of contact for external collaborations with academic Investigators conducting MoA studies and other projects that will contribute to the differentiation of Versanis Bio drugs
- Additional responsibilities as needed and directed
- Ph.D. or M.D. or an equivalent doctoral degree in a basic or applied science relevant to drug development, e.g. biochemistry, pharmacology, etc.
- 10+ years of industry drug development experience, including direct contributions to drug development programs at the basic research and translational stages, with experience authoring research and biomarker sections of Briefing Books, IND/CTA applications, Investigator’s Brochures and clinical protocols
- Experience characterizing MoA of drug candidates, exploring off-target effects, designing informative pharmacology experiments, developing clinically useful biomarkers and other research activities
- Objective track record of scientific achievement commensurate with experience. Depending on your background, this record may be peer-reviewed publications, patents, book chapters, meeting abstracts and so forth
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills with demonstrated success in leading cross-functional teams, including external research projects
- Ability to problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced and evolving environment
About Versanis Bio
Versanis is a privately held, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational treatments to people living with cardiometabolic disease. The company’s lead asset, bimagrumab, is being studied in a Phase 2b program as a novel treatment for obesity to help adults achieve and maintain both substantial fat loss and a healthy body composition, with additional indications to follow. Versanis was founded in 2021 and is a portfolio company of Aditum Bio, Atlas Venture, and Medicxi. For more information, please visit www.versanisbio.com.
Bimagrumab is a first-in-class, fully human IgG1/λ monoclonal antibody with picomolar affinity for activin type II receptors A and B that blocks the binding of ligands including myostatin and activins. Bimagrumab decreases body fat, especially abdominal visceral fat, while at the same time increasing muscle mass. Since initial development, bimagrumab has been administered to more than 1,000 patients for up to 18 months across more than 20 clinical studies. It is now being advanced as a novel treatment for patients living with obesity, with additional indications to follow.
The Culture at Versanis Bio
We are a small, highly experienced and empowered team that believes our diverse backgrounds and experiences strengthens our ability to create important new medicines. We prioritize our inclusive culture and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Versanis Bio accepts applications without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Versanis Bio will not accept unsolicited c.v.’s or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
To apply, please send a current resume/CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org.